By Tom Minas MD MS
A Primer in Cartilage fix and Joint upkeep of the Knee offers the entire diversity of treatment plans for a altering, more and more more youthful sufferer inhabitants. Dr. Thomas Minas demonstrates each one technique-from non-surgical to mini-incision overall knee arthroplasty to the hot advancements in tissue biologics-through a step by step process. This hugely visible, multimedia reference courses you in determining the top therapy direction for every sufferer. Get in basic terms the data you wish via a technique-focused strategy and the constant type of a unmarried writer, Dr. Thomas Minas-a major professional in cartilage fix. essentially see the nuances and critical issues of every approach with surgical images and artists' renderings of key occasions within the working room. pick out the easiest remedy direction for every sufferer via wide insurance of suggestions from non-surgical to mini-incision overall knee arthroplasty. Read more...
Read or Download A Primer in Cartilage Repair and Joint Preservation of the Knee PDF
Best physical medicine & rehabilitation books
Visceral manipulation is the osteopathic therapy of the inner organs. It has turn into an integral part of crucial, holistically oriented osteopathy. This clinical procedure relies at the paintings of Dr. Andrew nonetheless (1828 1917), whose uncomplicated proposal united constitution and serve as. issues within the body’s mechanics are handled with very sophisticated handbook thoughts.
One target of this atlas is to give a accomplished assessment of limb malformation phenotypes as a way to give you the clinician with a device that allows the diagnostic technique. With the large advances in molecular and developmental biology, the genetic foundation of many limb malformations and their courting to one another has been elucidated.
Co-published with the Arthroscopy organization of North the United States, The Shoulder: AANA complicated Arthroscopic Surgical recommendations is a finished technique-based publication that offers the newest diagnostic and reconstructive ideas in arthroscopic surgical procedure for the shoulder. The Shoulder: AANA complex Arthroscopic Surgical strategies is authored by means of premiere arthroscopic surgeons Drs.
" Universally said because the cornerstone reference within the box, Pediatric Rehabilitation brings jointly well known experts from all sectors of the pediatric rehabilitation neighborhood to supply the most up-tp-date and entire info on hand. The 5th version has been considerably up to date and extended with evidence-based discussions of recent theories, remedies, interventions, examine findings, and controversies.
- Innovations in Rehabilitation Sciences Education: Preparing Leaders for the Future
- Rehabilitating Blind and Visually Impaired People: A psychological approach
- Treatment of Cerebral Palsy and Motor Delay
- Handbook of Orthopaedic Rehabilitation
Additional resources for A Primer in Cartilage Repair and Joint Preservation of the Knee
15. Bashir A, Gray ML, Boutin RD, Burstein D. Glycosaminoglycan in articular cartilage: in vivo assessment with delayed Gd(DTPA) (2-)-enhanced MR imaging. Radiology. 1997;205(2):551–558. 30 PART 1 DECISION MAKING 16. Gillis A, Bashir A, McKeon B, Scheller A, Gray ML, Burstein D. Magnetic resonance imaging of relative glycosaminoglycan distribution in patients with autologous chondrocyte transplants. Invest Radiol. 2001;36(12):743–748. 17. Azer N, Winalski CS, Minas T. MR imaging for surgical planning and postoperative assessment in early osteoarthritis.
14. Kramer J, Stiglbauer R, Engel A, Prayer L, Imhof H. MR contrast arthrography (MRA) in osteochondrosis dissecans. J Comput Assist Tomogr. 1992;16(2):254–260. 15. Bashir A, Gray ML, Boutin RD, Burstein D. Glycosaminoglycan in articular cartilage: in vivo assessment with delayed Gd(DTPA) (2-)-enhanced MR imaging. Radiology. 1997;205(2):551–558. 30 PART 1 DECISION MAKING 16. Gillis A, Bashir A, McKeon B, Scheller A, Gray ML, Burstein D. Magnetic resonance imaging of relative glycosaminoglycan distribution in patients with autologous chondrocyte transplants.
EVIDENCE Following is a review of the published reports on techniques for cartilage repair, evaluating the indications, defect size, locations within the joint, and efficacy of the technique with the levels of evidence of the studies reviewed (summarized in Table 4–124). Microfracture Most studies show good outcomes in 60% to 80% of patients. Several studies have attempted to define the indications for microfracture with regard to patient and defect characteristics. Kreuz et al demonstrated improved results in patients younger than 40 years with regard to both validated scores and MRI findings of better fill and quality.