By Mario Hewardt
“Mario Hewardt’s Advanced .NET Debugging is a superb source for either newbie and skilled builders operating with .NET. The e-book is additionally full of many debugging advice and discussions of CLR internals, that allows you to gain builders architecting software.”
–Jeffrey Richter, advisor, coach, and writer at Wintellect
“Mario has performed it back. His Advanced home windows Debugging (coauthored with Daniel Pravat) is a useful source for local code debugging, and Advanced .NET Debugging achieves an analogous caliber, readability, and breadth to make it simply as helpful for .NET debugging.”
–Mark Russinovich, Technical Fellow, Microsoft Corporation
The in basic terms entire, useful advisor to solving the hardest .NET Bugs
Advanced .NET Debugging is the 1st targeted, pragmatic consultant to monitoring down today’s most complicated and difficult .NET software insects. it's the merely booklet to concentration solely on utilizing strong local debugging instruments, together with WinDBG, NTSD, and CDB, to debug .NET functions. utilizing those instruments, writer Mario Hewardt explains the best way to determine the genuine root motives of problems—far extra fast than you ever may with different debuggers.
Hewardt first introduces the most important ideas had to effectively use .NET’s local debuggers. subsequent, he turns to stylish debugging concepts, utilizing real-world examples that show many universal C# programming errors.
This booklet allows you to
- Make sensible use of postmortem debugging, together with PowerDBG and different “power tools”
- Understand the debugging information and implications of the hot .NET CLR 4.0
- Master and effectively use Debugging instruments for home windows, in addition to SOS, SOSEX, CLR Profiler, and different strong tools
- Gain a deeper, more effective figuring out of CLR internals, similar to studying thread-specific facts, controlled heap and rubbish collector, interoperability layer, and .NET exceptions
- Solve tricky synchronization difficulties, controlled heap difficulties, interoperability difficulties, and lots more and plenty more
- Generate and effectively study crash dumps
A significant other website (advanceddotnetdebugging.com) includes all pattern code, examples, and bonus content.
Read Online or Download Advanced .NET Debugging PDF
Best .net books
Severe . internet exhibits builders and group leaders easy methods to contain severe programming (XP) practices with . NET-connected applied sciences to create top of the range, inexpensive code that may construct higher software program. This functional, sensible guidebook systematically covers key components of XP technique within the particular context of the .
With this ebook, you are going to how you can create attractive and interactive internet purposes utilizing the most recent model of the world's preferred net improvement platform: ASP. internet with AJAX, equipped at the productivity-enhancing good points of visible Studio 2008.
All you must start is a easy wisdom of HTML and a wish to produce expert caliber websites.
Learning ASP. internet three. five introduces new talents in every one new bankruptcy and gives absolutely annotated and entirely practical examples so you might placed to paintings instantly. every one bankruptcy provides specific summaries, perform inquiries to make sure comprehension, and workouts so that you can follow what you've got realized to new situations.
Written via the bestselling writer staff of Jesse Liberty, Dan Hurwitz, and Brian MacDonald, studying ASP. web three. five bargains whole, updated assurance of ASP. internet three. five and AJAX. The publication includes:
- Chapters which are designed as a sequence of tutorials on diverse points of internet development
- Examples in every one bankruptcy that illustrate how a brand new idea works. various chapters characteristic both a unmarried working instance with a number of levels, or a chain of smaller examples
- A unmarried huge instance within the ultimate bankruptcy deals that makes use of every little thing the reader has learned
- AJAX-style totally built-in into ASP. internet programming -- how it could be taught and used
If you must wake up to hurry with the world's most well liked internet improvement expertise, studying ASP. internet three. five is the easiest source for the task.
The BizTalk 2000 Developer's advisor is written for builders who're liable for fitting, configuring and deploying the BizTalk Server of their businesses IT infrastructure. the hole chapters of the ebook speak about some great benefits of seamless business-to-business software integration, summarize the gains and improvements of BizTalk Server 2000, and provide an creation to XML - the motive force at the back of BizTalk.
Starting PowerShell for SharePoint 2013 is a ebook for the SharePoint administrator trying to extend his or her toolkit and abilities via studying PowerShell, Microsoft's enormously versatile and flexible item orientated scripting language. PowerShell is the way forward for Microsoft management, and SharePoint is a posh product that may be controlled extra simply and fast with PowerShell cmdlets and scripts.
- SOA with .NET and Windows Azure: Realizing Service-Orientation with the Microsoft Platform
- Distributed Virtual Machines : Inside the Rotor CLI
- Expert .NET Micro Framework
- Microsoft ASP.NET and AJAX: Architecting Web Applications (PRO-Developer)
- Visual Studio 2005: All-in-One Desk Reference for Dummies
Extra info for Advanced .NET Debugging
The parent domain address can be used with the SOS dumpdomain extension command to output data on the application domain that the assembly is loaded in. As mentioned earlier, assemblies are self describing. To get a better idea of what it means for an assembly to be self describing, we start by looking at the assembly manifest. NET applications and is entirely self describing, where is the descriptive content stored? The answer lies in 2. exe 40 Chapter 2 CLR Fundamentals the metadata section of an assembly, also known as the assembly manifest.
As we mentioned before, the PE format is a file format used by Windows executables to manage the execution of the code contained within the PE file. Executables can be in the form of EXE, DLL, OBJ, SYS, and more files. NET, assembly execution additions were made to the PE file format, which was illustrated in Figure 2-3. NET application. exe application located in C:\ADNDBin. Please note that the example was run on Windows 2000. NET assemblies in subsequent versions (examined later in the chapter).
LowFrequencyHeap, HighFrequencyHeap, and the StubHeap. Each application domain typically has code associated with it in the form of MSIL. During the process of JIT compilation, the JIT compiler needs to store data related to the translation process. Examples of such data include the translated machine code and method tables. To that extent, each application domain creates a number of heaps to facilitate this storage. The LowFrequencyHeap contains data that is updated and/or accessed less frequently than others, whereas the HighFrequencyHeap contains data that is accessed at all times.