By Omar AL Zabir
Web 2.0 entrepreneur and Microsoft MVP Omar Zabir indicates ASP.NET 2.0 builders tips to construct a innovative net portal utilizing ASP.NET, the Microsoft AJAX Framework, Silverlight, and .NET 3.5.
- First name to teach ASP.NET builders the best way to enforce internet 2.0 rules and practices, utilizing post-ASP.NET 2.0 applied sciences, together with ASP.NET AJAX, .NET 3.5 and Silverlight: Many skilled ASP.NET 2.0 builders are below expanding strain from buyers and consumers to supply them with the performance and consumer event chanced on at Ajax-enabled websites equivalent to PageFlakes, Google commence and others. Programming net 2.0 with ASP.NET AJAX and .NET 3.0 assumes readers have mastered the middle performance of ASP.NET 2.0 and are searhing for the hot talents they should take their websites to the following point. more recent applied sciences coated via the e-book comprise ASP.NET AJAX, .NET 3.5, Silverlight, LINQ and more.
- Written through Pageflakes co-founder and Microsoft MVP Omar AL Zabir: Omar AL Zabir is co-founder of PageFlakes (http://www.pageflakes.com/ ), an award-winning commence web page. He continues a well-liked web publication on Microsoft applied sciences (http://msmvps.com/blogs/omar/) and regularly contributes articles to (see The Code undertaking ).
- Includes a whole internet 2.0 software outfitted utilizing Microsoft applied sciences and services:Building an online 2.0 Portal comprises code for a whole pattern program that demonstrates how ASP.NET AJAX, .NET 3.5 and different applied sciences from Microsoft and 3rd events can be utilized to construct a cutting-edge patron dealing with or firm portal. Code could be on hand at no cost obtain from the ebook website and from a website maintained by way of the author.
Read or Download Building a Web 2.0 Portal with ASP.NET 3.5 PDF
Similar .net books
Severe . web indicates builders and staff leaders tips on how to contain severe programming (XP) practices with . NET-connected applied sciences to create top of the range, inexpensive code that would construct greater software program. This sensible, reasonable guidebook systematically covers key parts of XP technique within the particular context of the .
With this e-book, you'll methods to create enticing and interactive net functions utilizing the most recent model of the world's hottest net improvement platform: ASP. internet with AJAX, equipped at the productivity-enhancing positive factors of visible Studio 2008.
All you must start is a simple wisdom of HTML and a wish to produce specialist caliber websites.
Learning ASP. internet three. five introduces new abilities in each one new bankruptcy and gives absolutely annotated and completely useful examples that you should positioned to paintings instantly. every one bankruptcy provides distinct summaries, perform inquiries to verify comprehension, and routines so that you can practice what you may have realized to new situations.
Written via the bestselling writer staff of Jesse Liberty, Dan Hurwitz, and Brian MacDonald, studying ASP. web three. five bargains whole, up to date insurance of ASP. internet three. five and AJAX. The publication includes:
- Chapters which are designed as a sequence of tutorials on diverse facets of internet development
- Examples in every one bankruptcy that illustrate how a brand new suggestion works. assorted chapters characteristic both a unmarried working instance with numerous phases, or a sequence of smaller examples
- A unmarried huge instance within the ultimate bankruptcy bargains that makes use of every thing the reader has learned
- AJAX-style absolutely built-in into ASP. internet programming -- how it will be taught and used
If you must wake up to hurry with the world's hottest internet improvement expertise, studying ASP. internet three. five is the easiest source for the activity.
The BizTalk 2000 Developer's advisor is written for builders who're chargeable for fitting, configuring and deploying the BizTalk Server of their enterprises IT infrastructure. the hole chapters of the booklet talk about some great benefits of seamless business-to-business software integration, summarize the good points and improvements of BizTalk Server 2000, and supply an creation to XML - the driver in the back of BizTalk.
Starting PowerShell for SharePoint 2013 is a ebook for the SharePoint administrator trying to extend his or her toolkit and talents by way of studying PowerShell, Microsoft's drastically versatile and flexible item orientated scripting language. PowerShell is the way forward for Microsoft management, and SharePoint is a fancy product that may be controlled extra simply and fast with PowerShell cmdlets and scripts.
- Practical Database Programming With Visual C#.NET
- Professional Scrum Development with Microsoft Visual Studio 2012
- Beginning Dynamic Websites with ASP.NET Web Matrix
- ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX Programmer's Reference
- Pro InfoPath 2007 (Expert's Voice)
Additional info for Building a Web 2.0 Portal with ASP.NET 3.5
Server rendering means that the HTML on a page, along with all the widgets, is created in server code, rendered by the server code, and delivered statically to browser. ), and initializes it. iGoogle is a good example of serverside rendering. In contrast, client rendering means the content of the widget is not sent along with the page content. Once the scripts download and initialize, the page calls a web service to get the content of the widgets and dynamically creates the widgets on the page, one after another.
By having the reference to IWidgetHost earlier than Page_ Load, you can use it to determine whether it’s a postback or first-time load. The IsFirstLoad property is tricky. Think about what happens when a user clicks some button on a widget and the widget goes through a postback. Basically the whole page is instantiated again and all the widgets are loaded on the server side. NET fires the Page_Load method of all the widgets on the page. Now, the widgets need to know if it’s a postback or a first-time Adding Widgets | 27 load because the content is loaded from different sources.