By Mark Polino
Easily construct strong dashboards with Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 and Excel 2013
- Build a dashboard utilizing Excel 2013 with details from Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013
- Make Excel a real company intelligence software with charts, sparklines, slicers, and more
- Utilize PowerPivot’s complete power to create much more advanced dashboards
Accounting platforms like Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 carry a wealth of knowledge. Excel 2013 presents a useful tool for linking to, extracting, analysing, and providing that wealthy info to aid businesses make higher, swifter, and smarter decisions.
Building Dashboards with Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 and Excel 2013 covers easy methods to get the wealthy, special details contained in Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 and current it in an enticing, easy-to-understand means utilizing Excel 2013. The e-book indicates intimately the right way to construct great-looking dashboards that improve a company’s decision-making process.
This e-book indicates you the way to get on the wealthy, special details contained in Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 and current it in an enticing, easy-to-understand approach utilizing Excel 2013. This consultant will take you from the fundamentals of setup and deployment to making safe, refreshable Excel reviews. utilizing an entire host of instruments to be had inside of Excel, this instructional will make it easier to visualize your info utilizing basic conditional formatting innovations, easy-to-read charts, and let you make your facts interactive with Slicers.
Building Dashboards with Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 and Excel 2013 offers a manner that you should simply construct that interactive dashboard that your CFO retains asking for.
What you are going to study from this book
- Get Dynamics GP 2013 details into Excel 2013
- Set up, set up, and safe refreshable Excel studies in Dynamics GP 2013 to get dwell GP information to Excel
- Consolidate and current GP 2013 facts utilizing Excel pivot tables
- Improve the feel and appear of a dashboard with conditional formatting
- Enhance facts readability with charts and sparklines
- Add interactivity to a dashboard utilizing Slicers
- Link dashboard info again to Dynamics GP 2013
- Approach extra complicated dashboards and resources utilizing PowerPivot
Follow real-life, step by step examples that supply the development blocks to construct enticing dashboards. This useful advisor is all approximately doing. Get your facts, open up Excel, and go!
Who this e-book is written for
You need not be knowledgeable to get the main from your Dynamics GP implementation and construct great-looking, simply maintained dashboards utilizing Microsoft Excel. in case you have a operating wisdom of Dynamics and Excel you may be generating impressive dashboards in hours no longer days.
Read or Download Building Dashboards with Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 and Excel 2013 PDF
Best enterprise applications books
This booklet explains the fundamentals of S-PLUS in a transparent variety at a degree compatible for individuals with little computing or statistical wisdom. not like the S-PLUS manuals, it's not entire, yet as a substitute introduces an important principles of S-PLUS by using many examples. each one bankruptcy additionally encompasses a number of workouts which are followed by way of absolutely worked-out recommendations and targeted reviews.
* Written by means of a professional with greater than 30 years of expertise in each function within the IT undefined, this publication confronts improvement approach difficulties head-on, and it tackles the serious steps that needs to be taken to make sure good fortune* Dives into themes akin to choosing possibilities, making plans for fulfillment, construction a suitable company version, assembling a workforce, constructing software program, dealing with groups, and effectively advertising and marketing and promoting the product* The ebook fills a void within the present marketplace, and is a perfect learn for all IT execs
With the appearance of internet 2. zero, e-learning has the capability to turn into way more own, social, and versatile. Collective Intelligence and E-Learning 2. zero: Implications of Web-Based groups and Networking presents a useful connection with the newest developments within the region of academic know-how and e-learning.
- QlikView your business : an expert guide to business discovery with QlikView and Qlik Sense
- Exploring IBM e-Business Software: Become an Instant Insider on IBM's Internet Business Tools
- Agent and Web Service Technologies in Virtual Enterprises (Premier Reference Source)
- Interpreting Information Systems in Organizations (John Wiley Series in Information Systems)
- Microsoft Office 2007 For Dummies
Extra info for Building Dashboards with Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 and Excel 2013
This is particularly true for reports that use temporary tables as part of the report generation process. Report Writer can't export directly to Excel, but it can export to a comma-delimited file, a tab-delimited file, or a text file, any of which can be brought into Excel. In the Year section, select Open, set the year to 2017, and click Destination. Click the file folder to set a location and filename and change Save as type to Comma-delimited file. Navigate to the location where you saved the file and double-click the file name to open it in Excel.
They love the idea of refreshing data, but they want it to happen on their terms. Most accountants prefer information that doesn't change once it's been finalized, so this request is perfectly natural. By default, the Dynamics GP 2013 connections are designed to refresh automatically when the file is opened, but you can control this. Excel will open with data, and rows seven through ten (7-10) will be blank. The sheet did not refresh automatically. Tip If you save a report or connector with a different name into one of the network share or locally deployed Excel report folders, that report will appear as an Excel report in Dynamics GP as well.
Some organizations can be very restrictive when it comes to how accounting information is accessed. Having a lot of options makes it possible to still build an effective dashboard in spite of those restrictions. In the next chapter, we will look at one of the best, and easiest, options for accessing Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 data—the included refreshable Excel reports. In that chapter, we will start putting together the data that will eventually go into our dashboard. The Ultimate GP to Excel Tool: Refreshable Excel Reports The single best Dynamics GP 2013 feature for building an Excel-based dashboard is the refreshable Excel report.